Telemedicine Appointments Now Available!
Board-Certified Allergists Serving the Atlanta Metro Area
Due to the current pandemic with COVID-19, Center for Allergy & Asthma of Georgia is happy to bring our services to you. We are now offering same-day and next-day appointments for Telemedicine. Our board-certified allergy and asthma specialists can diagnose and treat your symptoms while you can stay safe in the comfort of your own home.
If you are suffering from allergy problems this time of year, our specialists will devise a long-term plan to help you get well. Whether you are suffering from allergies, sinus problems, asthma, coughing and wheezing, or hives, call us now to schedule your Telemedicine appointment.
Does My Insurance Cover My Telemedicine Appointment?
During this period for the next 90 days, insurance is covering the entire cost of your Telemedicine visit.
This is for new patients, as well as sick and follow up patients.
What Are The Steps To Take To Schedule My Telemedicine Appointment?
- Call the front office to schedule your Telemedicine appointment, and verify your current cell phone number and email address are correct.
- You will receive both a text and email including the date and time of your appointment, the link to access your visit, and your patient ID number. Your date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY) is your login password for the visit.
- Create a patient portal account
- Fill out all four health forms prior to your scheduled Telemedicine appointment
- Test out your connection from the test link or email link that was sent to you
- Await your Telemedicine appointment!
How Do I Create A Patient Portal Account?
If you are a new patient and 18 years or older, please visit our website and click on the Patient Portal link.
Once you click on the patient portal link, click the Create A New Account link.
For Patients Who Are Under 18
For any patient that is under 18, you will get an email asking for you to create a portal account for the patient. For the safety of our minor patients, their portal must be createdfrom the email invitation only.
If you do not get the email within 30 minutes, please check your junk email. If you still have not gotten the email, please contact our office for further assistance.
What Is Needed Prior To My Appointment?
Filling out your patient health forms are now easier than ever! Prior to your Telemedicine appointment, patients need to have filled out and submitted all four health forms prior to the appointment.
After you’ve created your patient portal account, click on the Health Forms button, and you will see:
- Consent for Treatment
- Registration and Health History
- CAAG-Acknowledgement of Receipt of “NPP” & Authorization for PHI Release
- CAAG-Financial Policies & Agreement
Checking In Prior To Your Telemedicine Appointment
- Please be sure you test your connection from the email or text link that was sent to you previously, prior to your appointment. When you click on the link to access your visit, your date of birth is you individual login password (MM/DD/YYYY).
- Approximately 30 minutes prior to your appointment, a nurse will contact you to discuss your current symptoms, medications, drug allergies, and verify your pharmacy.
- Once the nurse has completed your check in process, your board-certified allergy and asthma specialist will connect with you at your scheduled Telemedicine appointment time!
Schedule your same-day or next-day appointments, for Telemedicine appointment with our board-certified allergists at the Center for Allergy & Asthma of Georgia via phone at (770) 459-0620 or online through our patient contact form. Our Metro Atlanta allergy & asthma locations offer a no-wait appointment policy for new and existing patients at any of our convenient Atlanta area locations in Carrollton, Hiram, Griffin, Villa Rica, Newnan, Smyrna/Vinings, Peachtree City/Fayetteville, Acworth/Kennesaw, and Douglasville Georgia. To discover more about allergy shots as a viable treatment option, check out our allergy FAQ page.