Allergies & Treatment Options
Board-Certified Allergists Serving the Atlanta Metro Area
Our highly-qualified team at the Center for Allergy and Asthma of Georgia offers comprehensive diagnosis and treatment for a wide variety of allergies, asthma, and sinus. Our board-certified allergists understand that while some allergies may be present from a young age, others develop over time and can produce sudden, often severe, symptoms that require immediate attention. If you are currently dealing with symptoms, check out our top 5 doctor-approved tips on how to overcome your allergies. These may not alleviate your symptoms entirely, but they may be able to help.
Types of Allergies We Treat
At the Center for Allergy and Asthma of Georgia, our board-certified allergists offer support for the following types of allergies:
- Animal allergies: We provide diagnosis and relief from animal allergies, which often result from exposure to certain types of pet dander.
- Food allergies: Our board-certified allergists provide support for food allergies, including allergies to shellfish, peanuts, lactose, and other common food allergens.
- Hay Fever: Our Atlanta area allergy specialists provide comprehensive treatment for hay fever or allergic rhinitis.
- Insect bites: We offer treatment for allergic reactions to insect bites, which can cause severe allergic reactions in some patients.
- Latex allergies: Our allergists diagnose and offer support for latex allergies, which often go unnoticed but develop over repeated exposure.
- Skin allergies: We help patients determine allergic triggers that cause allergic reactions on the skin.
- Anaphylaxis: Our highly-qualified medical team provides a diagnosis of anaphylactic triggers to avoid serious allergic reactions, such as anaphylaxis.
- Angioedema: We offer support for patients who suffer from angioedema, which typically causes swelling around the lips and eyes and may occur in conjunction with other allergic reaction symptoms.
In 2003, Xolair® was the first FDA approved biologic to treat moderate-to-severe allergic asthma conditions. To qualify as a good candidate for this medication you must be at least 6 years or older and have frequent allergic asthma symptoms. Xolair works by binding to the antibodies found in our immune cells and stops them from releasing symptoms of coughing, sneezing, and shortness of breath. It also significantly improves overall quality of life due to minimized flare-ups. Click here to learn more about Biologic Treatments.
Visit a Board-Certified Atlanta Allergist for Allergy Relief
Our board-certified allergists at the Center for Allergy & Asthma of Georgia can help you identify your allergic triggers. We provide individualized care that targets your allergies and develop customized treatment plans for each patient. Our offices are located conveniently throughout Metro Atlanta, including Villa Rica, Hiram, Newnan, Douglasville, Carrollton, and Peachtree City/Fayetteville.
Same-day or next-day appointments, for Telemedicine visit or in-office visit with our board-certified allergists at the Center for Allergy & Asthma of Georgia. Contact us via phone at (770) 459-0620 or online through our patient contact form. Our Metro Atlanta allergy & asthma locations offer a no-wait appointment policy for new and existing patients. To discover more about allergy shots as a viable treatment option, check out our allergy FAQ page.