With the metro Atlanta area facing the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) now and for a long time to come, here are 5 reasons why you should be seen by the Center for Allergy and Asthma of Georgia today.
- Untreated allergies can be confused with COVID-19 causing anxiety and concern – Allergies and mild COVID-19 share many symptoms, including nasal congestion, sore throat, headache, lack of sense of smell, coughing, chest tightness, and shortness of breath. We will get your allergies under control so you do not have to worry if you are developing COVID-19. If you have a flare of your allergies, for example, this fall, we will treat you for this as well.
- Asthma can lead to more severe COVID-19 – Asthma also shares similar symptoms to the virus, such as chest tightness and shortness of breath. Having your asthma under control is so important during a time like this, and patients with the condition are at a much higher risk, especially if they don’t have professionals like ours monitoring their health.
- We can keep you free of symptoms related to allergy/asthma – In the case where a patient gets infected, we’re here to help you manage your illness and prevent it from worsening. We’ll do everything to keep you free of allergy and asthma-related problems that may be confused with COVID-19 and provide a plan for you to stay well during peak allergy season.
- We offer same-day & next-day appointments – If you get sick or have problems related to your allergies or asthma, we offer same-day appointments. During regular business hours, you can call us for an in-office or same-day telemedicine appointment.
- Prevent a trip to the ER – Managing your symptoms with our allergist can help keep you out of the emergency room or urgent care center.
See how our board-certified specialists at Center for Allergy and Asthma of Georgia can treat your symptoms and help you through same-day or next-day telemedicine in-office appointments. Contact our team or call (770) 459-0620 today.