Seek Relief for Your Spring Allergies at Center for Allergy and Asthma of Georgia
With spring just around the corner, seeking relief for your seasonal allergies from our team at Center for Allergy and Asthma of Georgia is essential. Here’s why:
Diagnosing Your Spring Allergies
Many patients assume that taking an allergy pill daily is enough to keep their sniffles away — but this isn’t the case. If left undiagnosed and untreated, your spring allergy symptoms will not only continue but worsen over time.
The weather starts to warm up here in Georgia early in the season, and exposure to environmental particles can leave patients with symptoms ranging from a simple stuffy nose to anaphylaxis (a serious, potentially life-threatening reaction). The best way to get ahead of these symptoms is to treat them as early in the season as possible at one of our Center for Allergy and Asthma of Georgia locations.
An allergic reaction is an immune reaction, which means that your immune system is triggered when exposed to an allergen and works to protect your body. Therefore, an allergic reaction can trigger several other conditions such as asthma or eczema.
COVID-19 or Allergies?
In addition to treating your allergies, diagnosing the source of your symptoms helps eliminate the possibility of other respiratory conditions such as the common cold, the seasonal flu, and COVID-19. Many of the common symptoms of allergies are also common minor symptoms of COVID-19. For this reason, it’s important to seek treatment as soon as possible.
Which Treatment is Best for Me?
At Center for Allergy and Asthma of Georgia, we offer allergy shots and allergy drops to help patients seek relief for their allergy symptoms.
Patients most likely to benefit from Atlanta area allergy shot treatment are people who:
- Suffer from seasonal or indoor allergies and conditions such as asthma, recurrent sinusitis, ear problems, or eczema.
- Are allergic to insect stings.
- Find that allergy medicine is no longer effective, or that the symptoms of allergy medicine interfere with daily life.
- Want to treat the cause of their allergy, not just the symptoms.
Those who best benefit from allergy drops include those who:
- Desire long-term allergy control.
- Suffer from mild atopic dermatitis (eczema).
- Suffer from outdoor allergens like grass, ragweed, and tree pollens.
- Desire a new treatment for hay fever.
- Prefer sublingual administration rather than an injection.
- Want to treat the allergy cause rather than the symptoms.
- Suffer from severe or chronic conditions.
At your appointment, our team of board-certified specialists will walk you through your options to discuss which is best for you. In addition to these services, we offer skin condition treatments, asthma treatments, and biological treatments.
Book Your Same-Day or Next-Day Appointment With Us Today!
Our team of board-certified allergy specialists will discuss your options and recommend an appropriate course of treatment. Contact us at (770) 459-0620 or visit us online to book your appointment.