Tips to Help You Prepare for Spring Allergy Season
Spring is here, which means flowers, trees, and plants are all in bloom. For springtime allergy sufferers, tree pollen can ruin this beautiful time of the year. Now is the time to start preparing for springtime sniffles by getting ahead of your allergies. Use these tips from our board-certified team at Center for Allergy and Asthma of Georgia to get started:
Start Allergy Treatments Now
To get ahead of your spring allergies, our board-certified specialists recommend starting treatments early to give your immune system time before peak pollen season.
For instance, allergy drops require about three weeks of buildup and then a daily dosage throughout the spring allergy season to be as effective as possible. This means the sooner you start treatment, the sooner your symptoms will be helped. You should also start over the counter or prescription meds early in the season. Pollen season is starting earlier and lasting longer, so follow the pollen counts in your area to know when to start treating.
Keep the Pollen Out
It is difficult to avoid pollen when outdoors but do your best not to allow it inside. Here are some tips for reducing pollen in your home, office, and cars:
- Remove shoes, or clothing, upon arriving home.
- Bathe before going to bed as pollen can settle in your hair and on your skin.
- Wipe down you pets paws and fur if they have been outside.
- Keep car and house windows closed and run the air conditioner.
- Change or clean your air filters regularly.
- Pollen levels tend to be lowest in the morning, so adjust outdoor exercise or activities accordingly.
- See a board certified allergy expert to identify what is causing your symptoms. That will allow for the most effective treatment plan.
Treat You Spring Allergies and Allergic Asthma Today at Center for Allergy and Asthma of Georgia
Take control of your spring allergies today by contacting our board-certified team at the Center for Allergy and Asthma of Georgia. Schedule your appointment at one of our 10 local offices! We offer same-day and next-day appointments to best fit your schedule.